Day 1

Welcome to life, Ms. Isabelle Susan Linda Bentley. Born 11/7/15 at 11:21p at UMass Memorial. Weighing 4lbs 5oz and measuring 17 inches exactly.

So... she kicked Jack's butt by staying in for an extra 9 weeks... but still came 5 days early. I had been having braxton hicks on and off since 18 weeks. Very rarely did I have a real one. But I'd have 50 BH ones a day sometimes. Well a few days before today, I started having some back contractions. Not super painful but definitely different. 

I went to bed around 7:00 (yes, I am a grandma). Around 8:30 I woke up and felt a really sharp pain in my cervix and had to pee. So I stood up and my water broke like a waterfall and wouldn't stop. So I screamed for Scott and told him we had to get to the hospital ASAP. I continued to gush the entire way. Gross. We got to labor & delivery and they hooked me up to monitors and tested the fluid. Baby was ok but definitely my water. So c-section was being done in the next hour. 

The spinal went in great and she was out at 11:21p. She cried a bunch. I got to see her and then they whisked her away to the NICU. 

I don't deal well with pain or pain meds at all so I stayed in my room and slept for approximately 2 minutes all night. Scott went to visit her. 

Because I arrived after 8, I get to stay until Thursday.

She was born with down syndrome and a heart defect called a complete av canal defect. We knew about both of these since July. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3rd birthday

Day 42

Day 264