Day 173

Love this little outfit. 

So... I'm going to be vulnerable for a minute. I think about Down Syndrome every single day, pretty much every time I look at her. And a lot of the time I can tell she has it. She has tell tale signs like upward slanted almond shaped eye and the folds behind her neck etc... But there are brief moments when I can't tell just by looking and even though I love her as is - it's kind of nice to have moments where I just see her as a baby - my daughter and not my daughter, who happens to have DS. I think this picture particularly makes her look "typical". 

She weighed in at 10lbs. Different doctors' scales put her at different weights which is irritating because she was 10lbs 2oz last week. Her thyroid is doing well on the new dosage.

Comments

  1. Very normal feelings. I used say it was at last a year and a half, if not longer, before I looked at Elizabeth as just Elizabeth, and not "my daughter who has Down syndrome". She had had quiet and adventure filled start in life. Soon, she will be doine typical things, and you won't even notice the DS anymore.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3rd birthday

Day 42

Day 264