Day 127

Poor Isabelle. She was having a really rough day. I think she was in pain which is weird because she really hasn't been - not even in the hospital :(

I've been checking her temp and it's fine but I've also been giving her tylenol (and checking the temp like 5 hours later so it's not affecting the temp). She's been eating less and crying more and just seems uncomfortable.

Today she had visits from Grandpa Fuchs, Grandma & Grandpa Bentley, Aunt Amanda and Mackenzie (what a lucky kid!). I just wish she had been feeling better. Poor thing. :(

I gotta keep reminding myself that not every day is going to be amazing. She just had major open heart surgery and if I had that surgery, I would be in rehab and on some major narcotics. She's still in pain and only on tylenol. Babies recover fast but she's not healed.

It's 7:47p as a I write this and I also need to keep in mind that she sleeps best in her bassinet, in our room, with the lights out and the fan noise on in the background. So when it's even just the 4 of us out in the living room, the dogs are there and the tv is on and Jack is running around and lights are on. And yeah, before, she slept right through it because her heart defect made her tired. But she's a new kid now and we need to learn who the new Isabelle is. Like, right now, she is PASSED out. But we are in pitch black, with the fan noise on and she is in her bassinet. 

One day at a time. Some parents have said it took like 2 weeks to get back into a rhythm.

Comments

  1. before Elizabeth's surgery she was very quiet when she cried. Afterwards, she SCREAMED! She could very well be in a bit of pain (I think the anesthesia and pain meds they give in the hospital take a bit to really wear off) but, she could also just be full of ENERGY with her new fix! Deep breaths - and never be afraid to call the doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that she has been uncomfortable! I think you're right that recovery takes some time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3rd birthday

Day 42

Day 264